April 15, 2022
Did you know that Tampa offers numerous incentives and solar programs for those who use clean energy? When people think of the area’s climate, they usually think of the bright sun and assume an abundance of sunlight. However, this is not the only reason that local homeowners opt to install rooftop solar panels; cost savings go well beyond regular kilowatt savings on electricity bills.
Tapping into Tampa’s solar power programs is worth it—learn more below from some of the best solar panel installers in Tampa at PES Solar.
A Solar Program’s Credits and Incentives
Sometimes, the incentives of solar energy are enough to push homeowners to consider saving money and going green. Besides saving on a monthly energy bill in the future, there are a few other benefits of solar to keep in mind.
- Property Tax: Florida offers a statewide property tax exemption for local solar panel installations by experts like PES Solar. So, on top of the new panels increasing the home’s potential value on the market, the homeowner also enjoys a break in taxes that can offer thousands of dollars in savings.
- Sales Tax: Yes, the name of “Sunshine State” suits Florida’s climate, but it also means that the authorities choose not to tax their residents for the great choice to purchase solar panels. That makes for sunny dispositions all around, especially thinking about the savings in years to come.
- Federal Relief: Tampa residents also enjoy a federal tax credit for solar power systems, a huge chunk off the final cost of the professional installation.
Other Benefits to Boost Tampa’s Solar Programs
Two other benefits bolster the state’s offering of solar-based incentives: net metering and exemptions.
Full Net Metering
Net metering is rapidly becoming one of the most significant incentives for Florida’s homeowners to switch to solar energy. There are two benefits:
- Electric companies utilize cleaner means of energy production, and
- Provide a substantial discount on utility costs.
The metering works because the homeowner essentially sells the power back to the electric company (if they produce more energy than they consume). It cuts out waste and provides a way for the energy company to pay you for the power your solar panels bring to the grid. The metering can also pay toward water bills or cover cloudy, stormy days when the solar panels are not working optimally.
Net metering ensures that power sweats for you, including the peace of mind that you will not have to pay as much for it when you need it (if you have to pay at all!).
Residential System Exemptions
The second benefit is a few tax exemptions. In fact, Florida’s extra tax benefits on solar are one of the most significant reasons for locals to consider solar panel purchases compared to other power sources.
Making A Case for Solar Energy
Companies like PES Solar install solar power all over Florida. The past myths about solar panels were largely concerned with technological limitations, but these have come along in leaps and bounds. Now, it is a quick and easy process that promises cost savings, energy savings, and many incentives for those paying the bills.
Call PES Solar at (800) 650-6519 today for an evaluation, advice about solar programs, or anything else you want to know about solar energy in Tampa, FL.